[hsflinux] Problem using cnxtinstall.run with Debian Linux For Conexant HSF 56K Data/Fax Modem

P. C. Chan p_c_chan at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 12 12:52:31 EDT 2011

The HSFmodem does require patching alsa driver on my thinkpad that uses snd_hda_intel if I remember correctly.  The alsa patch is only up to 1.0.23 but the kernel has been using 1.0.24 for a long time.

At one time unpatched alsa driver did not even compile on newer kernels, I had to keep patching the driver inside the kernel directly instead of trying to compile the one posted on alsa-project.org.  The new kernels may be giving everyone a hard time. :)

Looking at the About Linuxant "News" & Announcement on the web, the last one was dated 2006.  I wonder if the company is still in business. :(