[riptide] (no subject)

Bradley Schlangen webfeind2000@hotmail.com
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 09:35:00 -0500

Hello,

I'm responding to the following posting

I experienced the same problems with Mandrake 9.0 using the prebuilt rpm's
for same kernel version as yours. I can get the sound to work by stopping
the arts deamon then exiting X11. As root remove the old riptide driver rpm
-e riptide then reinstall rpm -i riptide**.rpm.

Do not use the prebuilt librarys and use the lib's provided in the rpm. Go
back into KDE and reinit the arts deamon. This may or maynot work I had to
do several cycles of that to get results from arts although oss + esd
operated fine without dificulties. T

his isn't permanent after I rebooted the sound was gone. Had to redo the
whole proccess. I degraded my kernal version back to 2.4.18-16mdk and I had
non of the problems mentioned.

Just a bit of useless info,
Brad.S