[riptide] Modem Driver help

P. M. Hayden pmhayden at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 23:17:10 EDT 2003

I am not a software professional.  But I loaded Redhat 9 on my 4 year old HP 8550c.  It works great but for one thing.  It cannot locate the sound card/modem card.  I think these are the same card.  I think it is a Rockwell Riptide V90K56 Flex combocard modem/sound card.

I spent a week learing about drivers, and think that I need to load a driver.

I do not know which one to load.  I looked at the Linuxant web site, and frankly, I would have an easier time building a nuclear reactor in my basement, than finding the right driver(s). (I think I might need two - not sure.)

So, if you have stopped laughing (I know the least about drivers/software of anyone on this list,) I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could point me to the correct driver(s).  That's all.

If this is the wrong place to ask, please advise.  Thanks.

P. Hayden

P.M. Hayden
pmhayden at yahoo.com