[driverloader] enable/disable antenna?

Jeramy Ashlock ashlock at bechtel.Colorado.EDU
Fri Oct 31 16:19:24 EST 2003

Hi, I have a Dell Truemobile 1400 on an Inspiron 5150 running RedHat
9.0.  In W!indows, there is an option to turn the antenna off so that it
is not consuming power and emitting radiation.  I tried the following to
do this in linux:

# iwconfig eth1 txpower off
Error for wireless request "Set Tx Power" (8B26) :
     SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported.

How can I be sure that the antenna is turned off when the interface is
not activated (i.e. when I type /sbin/ifdown eth1)?

thanks