[driverloader] suse 9.0 on Gateway 450xl

Philipp Grafe P.Grafe at gmx.de
Sun Nov 2 23:46:57 EST 2003

Hallo folks,

Andy wrote:
> I have been trying to set up my intel 2100 wireless card. I installed, uploaded
> windows driver, and it still does not show up in suse's network configurator.

I have exactly the same problem with Suse 9.0 and my Toshiba M10.
The installation of the drivers is no problem, but after installation the
networkdevice eth1 does not show up in the network configurator.

The strange thing is, that ifconfig -a and iwconfig list the correct device eth1.
The WLAN card seems to find the accesspoint, because the SID and the
MAC Adress of the AP is correctly shown. But there is no network connection.
If i try to look at my network or to access the internet nothing happens.

#iwconfig
eth1      IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:"Wireless Home "  Nickname:"unknown"
          Mode:Managed  Access Point: 00:09:5B:35:D9:FC  Bit Rate=11Mb/s
          RTS thr=1600 B   Fragment thr=2304 B
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:1/1  Signal level:-28 dBm  Noise level:-200 dBm

# ifconfig -a
eth1      Protokoll:Ethernet  Hardware Adresse 00:04:23:51:26:36
          BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          Kollisionen:0 Sendewarteschlangenlänge:100
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

# dldrconfig --info
Linuxant DriverLoader for Wireless LAN devices, version 1.24

Current parameters: ("dldrconfig --info")

Wireless interface name: eth1
        MAC address    : 00:04:23:51:26:36
        Device instance: PCI-02:0a.0-8086:1043-8086:2581
        Device driver  : w70n51
        Description    : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 7100 LAN Card Driver
        Adapter model  : PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter
        License owner  : xxxx
        License key    : xxxx
        License status : OK (Expires 2003-11-27)

I have the problem with Versions 1.21, 1.22 and 1.24 of driverloader.

New problem with version 1.24. The driver loads at startup, but for device
eth0 whitch is the Intel LAN card not the WLAN card. And if im not connected to
a LAN the system hangs at that point ot the startup, trying to initialize eth0.
If a networkcable is connected i get the warning that the local network driver is
more recent than the one in the module of the driverloader.

Hopefully, there will be a solution for that.

Greetz, Philipp.