[driverloader] intel 2100 not working

Fritz Ganter ganter at ganter.at
Sat Nov 8 12:53:22 EST 2003

Am Sam, den 08.11.2003 schrieb Sven Westenberg um 07:42:
> Hello,
>
> >> does your AP utilize encryption keys?
> >
> > Yes. Both 64 and 128 bit WEP.
>
> Don't know if this helps. We also had problems connecting to the AP with
> encryption enabled. The Intel support just told us "optional encryption
> is not supported". So optional encryption on the AP is not recognized as
> WEP encryption by the 2100 pro wireless chip. Try to set the AP to allow
> non encrypted connections and disable the encryption of the interface.
This is nonsense.
I have the Intel 2100 working in my notebook with 128 (104) bit
encryption. it works fine.
Please make a "iwconfig" and see if your key is set (you must be root to
see the key).
Some days ago I had the same problem, but this was an issue of the
iwtools from SuSE 8.2. With this version I was unable to set the key.

I have downloaded wireless-tools version 26, now it works.

Maybe this should be mentioned in the FAQ.

--
Fritz "der mit dem Linux tanzt" Ganter         http://www.gpsdrive.cc
 Key fingerprint = 555A DDBB 3985 16FF CD41  2031 C485 1783 BF34 728F