[driverloader] DriverLoader and Gentoo

Erik Baar ebaar at purdue.edu
Mon Dec 1 13:15:54 EST 2003

Todd,

I am using DL 1.45, and have had no problems with my linksys PCI card.  Couple of questions:

Do you have hotplug installed?

If you don't, you want your modules for driverloader & pcmcia to load before your USB modules.  This way it will set itself up as the first ethernet device.  Check your /etc/modules.autoload (or in the newest versions of gentoo, /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.4) Also load any network modules after driverloader.

Try 'iwlist scan' to find your access point...your problem is that your card may be connected to your access point but not have an IP address.  Edit your /etc/conf.d/net to setup your IP address for the card.

If you haven't already check out gentoo online on the network setup,

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook.xml?part=1&chap=8#doc_chap3

There are instructions towards the end of the page for updating your rc-scripts and ip addresses.

Hope this is any help!

Erik Baarr