[driverloader] Thinkpad T40, Cisco mpi350

Urs mueller newsuser at bf-net.ch
Sat Dec 20 11:36:22 EST 2003

Craig Ingram sagte:
> I'm having trouble getting onto my wireless network.
> I installed the driverloader, uploaded the driver, and
> used redhat-network-config - I had to add new device
> as it was showing up in hardware but not in the
> network devices. when I try to activate it, it cannot
> obtain an IP address. I turned off MAC address
> filtering and tunred on SSID broadcasting on the
> router (netgear mr814). It shows up in iwconfig scan:
> eth1      Scan completed :
>           Cell 01 - Address: 00:09:5B:47:FF:AE
>                     ESSID:"cxiap"
>                     Mode:Managed
> I tried using the FAQ but for some reason it's not
> getting an IP address. The router and dhcp work fine
> in XP so I don't think that's the issue. Any help
> would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.
> hardware info: Thinkpad T40, Cisco aironet 350
> minipci, netgear mr814 wifi router.

I'm not an redhat-expert, but had a similar problem with
another distribution. Is your wired Ethernet-port disabled?
My machine (IBM R40) would not retrieved a dhcp-answer while
wlan was the second network interface. It waited endless on
the first interface. If I disable eepro or set driverloader
as first interface, wlan/dhcp works fine.

Greetings, Urs Mueller, Berne, Switzerland