[driverloader] My wlan does not get an IP from DHCP

Roberto Lists roberto_lists at dowit.net
Sat Jan 3 21:42:31 EST 2004

Well...I took the firewall off to take one variable out. And this showed
up on me logs (tail -f /var/log/messages):

Jan  3 21:31:58 linux dhcpcd[3399]: broadcasting DHCP_REQUEST for
192.168.2.100
Jan  3 21:32:08 linux dhcpcd[3399]: timed out waiting for DHCP_ACK
response
Jan  3 21:32:08 linux dhcpcd[3399]: broadcasting DHCP_DISCOVER

That IP is the one that I was getting with the madwifi drivers under
Mandrake. But as you can see here the IP is still not getting assign.

My ifconfig:

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:0C:41:AD:D3:21
          UP BROADCAST NOTRAILERS MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

This is my current ifcfg-wlan0:

BOOTPROTO='dhcp'
MTU=''
REMOTE_IPADDR=''
STARTMODE='onboot'
DHCLIENT_MODIFY_RESOLV_CONF='yes'
DHCLIENT_SET_DEFAULT_ROUTE='yes'
DHCLIENT_PRIMARY_DEVICE='yes'
UNIQUE=''
WIRELESS_ESSID='Any'
WIRELESS_KEY=''
WIRELESS_MODE='Managed'
WIRELESS_NICK='SuseLinux'
WIRELESS_NWID=''

It feels like this is closer than ever....but it is not happening!!!!  I
just don't know what else to look for.

Again,  any help is more than welcome, and thanks again to those who
stopped and offered some already.

Roberto