[driverloader] Suse 8.2 and D-Link DWL 510 PCI card..

Matthew Humphreys matthew.humphreys at emsolutions.co.uk
Sun Jan 18 15:50:14 EST 2004

Hi Guys,

I'm new to DriverLoader, so please be patient.

I am trying to install a Dlink DWL 510 into a SUSE 8.2 machine.

I have downloaded the trial software key and installed the s/w and
drivers.

A few strange things are happening...

I cannot change the SSID - it seem stuck on the initial setting I made!
I have uninstalled and re-installed, but a "iwlist scan" still gives the
very first setting I made (Austrey)!  If I try iwconfig eth2 SSID
Austrey2 - I sometimes end up with a Cell-02 entry.  What is this?  How
do I get rid of the Cell-01 with the incorrect SSID?

Should settings be changed through the driverloader web admin, or via
Yast.  Neither seem to be having any effect!  Does anyone know in which
file the detials are stored by Driverloader?

Many thanks for your help and patience,

Regards,

Matthew