[driverloader] Suse 8.2 and D-Link DWL 510 PCI card..

Sebastien Stormacq sebastien.stormacq at sun.com
Sun Jan 18 18:20:11 EST 2004

Hello,

> I cannot change the SSID - it seem stuck on the initial setting I made!
> I have uninstalled and re-installed, but a "iwlist scan" still gives the
> very first setting I made (Austrey)!  If I try iwconfig eth2 SSID
> Austrey2 - I sometimes end up with a Cell-02 entry.  What is this?  How
> do I get rid of the Cell-01 with the incorrect SSID?

I might not understand your question but ... "iwlist scan" triggers a
network scan and always return the same value, depending on the access
points close to you.
To connect to a network, the command to be used is iwconfig

> Should settings be changed through the driverloader web admin, or via
> Yast.  Neither seem to be having any effect!  Does anyone know in which
> file the detials are stored by Driverloader?

Settings are changed through /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-<your interface> file
and can be reloaded with ifdown <your interface> then ifup <your interface>

Hope this helps

Seb