[driverloader] driverloader: NdisAcquireSpinLock: exceeded spinlimit
wittich at hep.upenn.edu
Mon Jan 19 09:47:37 EST 2004
I just tried to switch to kernel 2.6.1 for the alleged better ACPI
support and am now getting the following message:
driverloader: NdisAcquireSpinLock: exceeded spinlimit (197120000), breaking lock
When this happens, the laptop locks up hard for a few seconds. It
happens pretty regularly. Does this mean anything to anyone?
A few more data points:
* kernel 2.6.1 from kernel.org + software suspend patches + laptop
mode patches. spinlock in .config file is
# CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK is not set
# CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK_SLEEP is not set
* base distro is fedora core 1
* driverloader version is 1.54, compiled from tgz file.
* lspci sez:
02:03.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94306 802.11g (rev 02)
* laptop is dell latitude d600 with pentium M processor
* I get warnings with iwconfig now: kernel has v16 while iwconfig
uses version 15.
I did not see this with the 2.4.22-based kernel that comes from fedora.
More information about the driverloader