[driverloader] WMP45G PCI on Kernel 2.6.0 temporary freezups (driverloader: message 4 of 20)

Regis "HPReg" Duchesne driverloader.1.hpreg at spamgourmet.com
Thu Jan 22 22:30:21 EST 2004

Marc,

Thanks for your explanation. It makes a lot of sense now.

> I don't think CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK is at cause here. Recent versions
> of DriverLoader will refuse to compile if this option is set. Why?
> because it adds too much overhead to some kernel structures  causing
> them to no longer fit in their equivalent fixed-size NDIS objects.

Sounds like one way to work around that would be to only store a pointer
to the kernel structure inside the NDIS object when
CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK is set, instead of the whole kernel structure
itself.

Then DriverLoader would not have to require that CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK
be disabled to function properly.

--
Regis