[driverloader] Problem compiling Driverloader

David david at starjump.org
Wed Jan 28 13:49:26 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm attempting to compile from the tarball - my system is Linux from
Scratch-based installation, kernel 2.4.24, gcc v.3.3.1.

make install runs fine, but when I run dldrconfig it falls over. The
dldrconfig-buildlog.txt reads as follows:-

--
.../modules/kernelcompiler.sh: gcc version 3.3.1 or similar is required to
compile modules for your kernel

FALSE -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -o dldrpci.o dldrpci.c
make: *** [dldrpci.o] Error 1
--

The RPM source-based installation run flawlessly on the Fedora Core 1
installation on the same computer (a Compaq NX7000 notebook), against a

Anyone have any clues?

Thanks in advance,

David

--