[driverloader] yeah!! it works TINET1130

Dan Allen dan at mojavelinux.com
Fri Feb 6 18:01:39 EST 2004

Jim (jsw at wadell.org) wrote:

> Dan Allen wrote:
>
> >Jim (jsw at wadell.org) wrote:
> >

> >>Dan
> >>
> >>Thanks for your post. The tip about KEY= \ open fixed a problem I have
> >>been messing with for
> >>some time. Where did you find the infomation?
> >>

> >In my head ;)  It is amazing the ideas you have after many hours of
> >starng at a terminal.  It begins to speak to you.
> >
> >Dan
> >

> I was wondering about the "open" phrase. I had not seen it!

As I sent off the original response to your e-mail, I thought about
the fact that you might be referring to the flag.  I believe I found
the reference on this mailinglist initially, but later confirmed
that there are references to it, along with documentation is in the
man page for iwconfig.

In fact, it even states in the man page that the meaning for this
flag depends on the card being used.  That means for one card, open
might mean no encryption, whereas another card it means encryption
is used!!!  Talk about a screwed up standard, but then again,
remember, this is 800.11g beta and not the final spec we see on most
of these cards.  Anyway, it is all there in the man pages, so I
encourage you to read the paragraph in careful detail to learn more
about it.

Dan

Daniel Allen, <dan at mojavelinux.com>
http://www.mojavelinux.com/