[driverloader] driverloader doesn't detect interface at boot

Akshay Rao AkshayRao at opb.msu.edu
Mon Feb 9 15:45:35 EST 2004

I've installed the driverloader and it works.
However everytime i reboot my m/c i get an error msg on the boot-up
screen
eth1: ERROR while getting interface flags. No Such Device

After logging in i've to issue these commands to get the wireless to
work:

1. I've to run dldrconfig.

Warning: existing driver modules found under:
 /lib/modules/2.6.0-test11/misc/
Would you like to keep using them? [no]  <Enter>
Where is the linux source build directory that matches
your kernel?[/lib/modules/2.6.0-test11/build] <Enter>
Please enter your email address [my email address]: <Enter>
Please enter license key [my license key]:   <Enter>

2. modprobe driverloader
3. ifconfig eth0 down
4. ifconfig eth1 <ip> netmask 255.255.255.0
5. route default gw 192.168.2.1
6. iwconfig eth1 essid <essid>
7. iwconfig eth1 key   <key>
8. dhclient eth1

After this it gets the ip and works.

I've the following entries in these files:

1. /etc/modules   driverloader
2. /etc/modprobe.conf  alias eth1 driverloader
3. /etc/network/interfaces auto eth1
    iface eth1 inet dhcp
4. /etc/network/ifstate  eth1=eth1
5. /etc/network/options  ip_forward=no
    spoofprotect=yes
    syncookies=no

How do i set it up so that i don't have to go through all these steps
and the
wireless network is up and running at boot itself.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks,

akshay.