[driverloader] Intel Wireless Pro 2100B (hang on 'ifdown eth1')

Partha Bagchi partha at comcast.net
Fri Feb 13 12:49:18 EST 2004

I am using Fedora1 also but with the 2.6.2 kernel. I was unable to get
driverloader to work with the Fedora kernel. Also, the problem you
describe was a problem with RH9 which I solved based on Mark Feit's
solution which was to make sure that the MAC address in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 was all in lower case (He said
it was a bug in RH9). You can check out his reply to me from Dec 12 in
this forum.

As to whether eth1 (is it eth1 or eth0 - you use both below?) is brought
up at boot-time, make sure that in the file
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 you have the parameter
ONBOOT=yes. Also, have you aliased driverloader with eth1 (or 0?) in
your modprobe.conf?

Hope this helps,
Partha