[driverloader] WPC54G Can't connect to WRT54G

Matt Rodkey mrodkey at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 11:48:10 EST 2004

  I have a WPC54G Card that I use on my laptop running Fedora Core 1
(kernel 2.4.22-1.2166.nptl).  I am able to connect to Access Points
both at work and at cyber cafes (None of these have WEP enabled) using

  I recently purchased a WRT54G for use at home and have set it up with
basically the default settings. I changed the default ESSID and that is
about it.

I cannot seem to get my laptop to connect to the AP though (At this
point I have disabled WEP to just try to get the simple case working).

Here are some relevant facts:

- My AP shows up when running iwlist scan eth1

- If I try to activate the interface from redhat_config network I get
back a message saying it could not ping (which is wierd
since my AP is using 192.168.1.x for internal IPs)

- If try to use dhclient directly to contact the DHCP server (after
making sure the ESSID is correct for eth1) I get back no offers.

Any ideas what I need to do?  I am guessing there is something I need
to setup on my AP since the card and driver seem to be functioning

Thanks for any help,

         | 0 0 |
Matt Rodkey
mrodkey at mattrodkey.com