[driverloader] Setting mode to Ad-Hoc causes system to crash or reboot

Dimitris Stasinopoulos dimitris at linea.gr
Wed Feb 25 11:41:11 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm using Driverloader 1.58 on a Hp compaq nx7000 (Intel PRO/2100) using
Linux 2.4.24. Everytime that I try to switch to Ad-Hoc mode using
iwconfig (like this: "iwconfig wlan0 mode ad-hoc"), the system either
freezes (sometimes the kernel panics, I can see the caps lock led
blinking) or it reboots immediately, with no log traces whatsoever. After
several attempts, I managed to take an actual screenshot while in console
mode (normally I'm under X), using my digital camera, where the details
of the kernel panic can be seen. To whom should I send this screenshot?

I've also tried upgrading to 1.63, but it doesn't recognise my card ("No
devices found"). Should I submit the relevant dumpdiag?

Dimitris

--
Frustration overflow.
(A)bort, (R)etry, (T)ake down entire building?