[driverloader] mandrake10 and driverloader 1.64

Mads Paulin paulin at mip.sdu.dk
Fri Mar 12 09:46:51 EST 2004

Hi,

I recently installed mandrake 10 and the newest driverloader 1.64 on an
ASUS m2400n centrino laptop using the intel 2100 wlan card.

I am using the acer windows XP driver linked from the linuxant homepage

When I boot the system, the wireless network fails.

The driverloader module is inserted ok and gives the following kernel
messages:

driverloader: module license 'see LICENSE file; Copyright (c)2003-2004
Linuxant inc.' taints kernel.
eth1: New link status: Disconnected (0002)
eth1: WPA, TKIP, WEP128, WEP64 supported
eth1: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 7100 LAN Card Driver at 0000:01:05.0 (MAC
address 00:04:23:50:D4:70) ready

eth1: New link status: Connected (0001)

And the card is given an ip address. I can correctly ping other devices
on my local network, but not access anything outside.

When I try to bring up the interface, the kernelmessages are flooded
with

netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5
netndis_xmitcomplete_handler: err -5

And eventually fails.

the wireless interface is configured in
/etc/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-eth1 containing:

DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
HWADDR=00:04:23:50:d4:70
WIRELESS_ESSID=any
WIRELESS_ENC_KEY=blah blah
DHCP_HOSTNAME=box
NEEDHOSTNAME=yes

This setup worked until yesterday on the same box running mandrake 9.1

Any sugegstions ?

Regards
Mads