[driverloader] DriverLoader 2.66 not working with FC1, 2.6.5-1.322

Marc Boucher marc at linuxant.com
Thu Apr 22 10:56:19 EDT 2004

Alex,

The 2.6.5-1.322 Fedora development kernel unfortunately had a packaging
bug preventing external modules from building properly.
If you upgrade it to the latest version (presently 2.6.5-1.326), the
modules should build.

But with this kernel it will probably still not work reliably, due to
the large stack requirements of Intel's 2200BG driver and the switch to
4K kernel stacks by default now in Fedora (the CONFIG_4KSTACKS option
has been removed so one can no longer easily revert to 8K stacks). You
could try rebuilding the kernel after making sure that both the Fedora
linux-2.6.5-nostack.patch and CONFIG_4KSTACKS option have been removed.
Due to the complexity of this procedure and the fact that it involves
heavily experimental development kernels, we cannot officially support
it though.

However we are working on adding a special mechanism to eliminate the
stack issue directly into DriverLoader, so I would suggest waiting
until that becomes available.

Marc

--
Marc Boucher