[driverloader] Need Help / Linksys WPC54G

Lotsa Cabo lotsacabo at spamjammer.com
Sun Aug 29 14:03:56 EDT 2004

I'm completely frustrated.  I've followed the install instructions to a
tee for the WPC54G.  I still cannot get it to connect.  My situation is
as follows:

1. Status of "eth1" shows as "Inactive" in the Network applet;

2. Trying to Activate eth1 gives an error: "driverloader device eth1
does not seem to be present; delaying initialization."

3. The "Hardware" tab in the Network applet shows a status of "ok" for
eth0 but a status of "configured" for eth1.

My configuration:

	Toshiba 5005-S507
	Linksys WPC54G v1.2
	Fedora Core v2.6.5-1.358

I have read blogs that have said to change the startup order of the
pcmcia, network, and nsflock services, but I cannot figure out how to
do this either manually or using "chkconfig."  Then again, I am not
sure if this is the solution anyway.

This machine and NIC were working perfectly with XP about an hour ago,
so I know it's not the box.

Please advise.

Thanx,
Ryan

Tired of spam?  Signup for a FREE SpamJammer.Com account and say
goodbye to junk email forever!