[driverloader] can't get wpa_supplicant to authenticate TKIP

rcbell at cox.net rcbell at cox.net
Tue Dec 28 17:59:42 EST 2004

I'm having no luck getting WPA authentication going with wpa_supplicant.

I'm running SuSE 9.1 Pro, using Linksys G equipment: WRT54GS AP/router and WMP54GS PCI adapter card.  I've successfully loaded the linksys drivers with driverloader, and when I turn off authentication in the AP I connect fine (using SSID broadcast both on and off).  I build wpa_supplicant with the default .config.  My wpa_supplicant.conf contains:

network={
         ssid="myssid"
         psk="11111111"
         key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
         pairwise=CCMP TKIP
         group=CCMP TKIP
        }
(but I've also tried it with only the ssid and psk values).
Of course, the ssid and psk are the same that I've entered on the Wireless tab of the router setup.

Most everyone on this list that has this is using AES.  Has anyone gotten TKIP to work?

I was also wondering if the default .config is correct for driverloader, since it uses CONFIG_DRIVER_HOSTAP (the README hardly mentions driverloader).

The main error message with -dd seems to be "Authentication with 00:00:00:00:00:00 timed out" then it starts the loop again.  I also see several "wpa_driver_hostap_set_key: alg=none key_idx=0 set_tx=0 seq_len=0 key_len=0" type of messages.

Any ideas?
Craig Bell