[hcflinux] dropped connection

Cameron Hart cam.hart at paradise.net.nz
Wed May 22 10:15:04 EDT 2002

Firstly, thanks for making my modem work under linux Mark!

Marc Boucher wrote:
> Have you tried the latest version, released today?
> (hcflinmodem-0.93mbsibeta02052100)

I've tried the above release using Mandrake Linux 8.2 and it works for
me. I can dial out using kppp. To make kppp work I made a symbolic link
to /dev/modem like so:

ln -s /dev/ttySHCF0 /dev/modem

I am able to dial out and bring up a connection, but unfortunately the
connection seems to die if it is loaded (ie downloading stuff) after a
few minutes. Does anyone know how I can get debugging information on why
the connection was dropped?

My modem is detected as a Conexant HCF 56K Data/Fax Modem (Worldwide)
(rev 8), the vendor ID is 14F1 and the device id is 1053.

Thanks,

Cameron