[hcflinux] drivers not work on boot

Nathan James Greenhaw ngreenha at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Tue Oct 1 12:30:45 EDT 2002

Greetings,

I have a hcf modem installed in a Compaq Presario 1530 (i think that's the
name).  I downloaded and installed the drivers.  Ran the hcfpciconfig and
everything was fine and dandy.  The modem worked fine.  I dailup a few places.
Then a while later i decided to reboot.  Once the system was booted the modem
driver was gone.  However, hcfpciserial says it is still "initializing" but the
other two hcfpci's say they are fine.  I try to modprobe hcfpciserial and it
works fine.  I tried reversing the order in which all of the hcfpci's load up,
but did not work.

Do you have any idea or what i could do?  I am going to check for another modem
around my place or otherwise go and buy one, so i dont have to deal with this.
=]  If you need information email me or the list.

~nathan.james.g