[hcflinux] Modem speed reporting

Angus Auld angusauld at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 9 13:00:08 EDT 2002

Greetings, I wonder if someone could tell me how to enable correct reporting
of connect speed?

I am using hcfpcimodem-0.98mbsibeta02090200-1.i386.rpm under Mandrake 9.0. I
know I have to add ATW1 to the command string, but as to where the file is
that I have to edit........help. I tried to do this on an earlier release,
and never did get it figured out. I am a "bit" more proficient at Linux
know, so maybe with some instruction, I can get it set.

Many TIA's. :)

--Angus

"LET US NOT LOOK BACK IN ANGER OR FORWARD IN FEAR, BUT AROUND IN
AWARENESS."----James Thurber