[hcflinux] RH 8.0/ Kernel 2.4.18.-14 unable to install modem

Jon Savage jonathansavage at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 12 16:45:32 EDT 2002

I had been using the HCF PCI drivers successfully with RH 7.2- no worries at
all.

Did a fresh Install of RH 8.0 last night and am utterly unable to get the
drivers to run.

Here's the sequence of events-

Installed correct driver version via RPM
Then get this dialog:
To complete the installation and configuration of your HCF modem,
please run "hcfpciconfig".....

I do so.

Then get this dialog:
Should we attempt to automatically configure your hardware? [yes]

I respond: yes

Then nothing at all happens. Go out and have a smoke, hoping
The terminal will say something else when I come back in...
No joy..

I Tried the source .rpm & tarball installs as well with the same (lack of)
results.

I'm probably missing out on something really basic here.
Any idea what is causing my problem?

Thanks in advance.

Jon