[hcflinux] Follow-up on RH8.0 failure to install (2.4.18-14 i686)

Jonathan Savage jonathansavage at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 14 08:25:26 EDT 2002

The drivers did install OK on my fresh install last night.  Modem works fine.

The trick for me was to be VERY patient.

A couple of observations:

1. The install (post install?) script ran very slowly. I did not time the
process; after having
watched the terminal window for 5-10 minutes I decided to go out to dinner. It
had finished running
by the time I got home.  This seems odd- previous versions installed very
quickly indeed.

2. The system still did not find the modem automatically, but does allow
dialing it if I tell it where to look. No big deal but not the same behavior
that I had seen in the drivers I was using for my older version of Linux.

Bests

Jon