[hcflinux] HELP!!!

George Bell gbell5 at cox.net
Sun Feb 23 17:44:08 EST 2003

Hi,

    I yesterday installed the hcf serial driver package for SuSE8.0
kernel 2.4.4-18-4Gb.  It worked once only.   I used minicom to test the
modem.  I dialed out o.k. the first time.  But setserial -a /dev/modem
gives very strange results for the modem - an interrupt 0 and port
00001.  So I ran hcfpciconfig, which reconfigured my modem, without
much(any) user input.  It only prompted me for if I still want to use
the old drivers to which I answered yes.  Then my modem stopped working
at all.  The modem initialization commands in minicom don't work
anymore.  I tried restoring the old config files in
/etc/hcfpci/current.cty and current.inf.  That had no effect.  Then I
tried to erase and reinstall the package, but rpm reports that the
package is not installed!   lsmod shows that hcfpciengine.o,
hcfpciserial.o, and hcfpciosspec.o are loaded.  But it does nothing.
 And hcfpciconfig --info reports gawk errors.   I am so confused!

Help!