[hcflinux] LFS 4.0

David Hutchinson bowman at lanset.com
Mon Mar 3 23:24:48 EST 2003

Running a system I made following the Linux from Scratch guide, v4.0,
with kernel 2.4.19 and gcc 3.2 on an Athlon system

Once I unpack the hcfpci source package from the website, I do make
install. It copies all the stuff to /usr/lib/hcfpci/ and tells me to run
hcfpciconfig.

When I do, it craps out, tells me to read /tmp/blah.log (blah.log being
whatever logfile it tells me to read. Don't remember off hand). When I
do, it says I need to change the CC option in the common.mak. When I
change it, then run hcfpciconfig, it says it successfully completed the
build of the driver, but it hangs. There are also two process that seem
to be doing nothing. One is a sed process, the other is grep. They
disappear when I kill hcfpciconfig.

Well, the modules are there, but since hcfpciconfig hangs and won't
install them (like it successfully does when I tried to install them
under RedHat 7.1), so I try to install them by hand.

I figured out the order they install (no brainer. They won't install
unless what they require is installed), but each gives unresolved symbol
errors, and the third module (hcfpciserial.o) segfaults when I install it.

Any ideas?