[hcflinux] Timeout problem

Bertrik Sikken bertrik at zonnet.nl
Sun Mar 2 12:35:45 EST 2003

Danilo Massa wrote:

>On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 11:06, Bertrik Sikken wrote:
>... Sigh ... removing ATX3 the result is:
>[root at www none]# wvdial TEST
>--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.53
>--> Initializing modem.
>--> Sending: ATZ
>OK
>--> Modem initialized.
>--> Sending: ATDP333784937234
>--> Waiting for carrier.
>ATDP333784937234
>NO DIALTONE
>--> No dial tone.
>--> Disconnecting at Sun Mar  2 11:18:02 2003

Well, maybe there is actually no dialtone...
Can you check this with a terminal program?
After typing ATH1 you should hear a dialtone.

Sorry for asking a stupid question, but are you sure you
plugged the phone line into the proper connector?

Also try to type ATDT.... in the terminal program and see
if that works.

>I have also tested the driver with kppp an the problem is the same ..
>
>I have readed that the driver does not work if the modem has the Cadmus1
>chipset ... someone know has can I check this?

Don't know that.

Regards,
Bertrik