[hsflinux] RE: ComCtrlOpen failed, r=1!

Apostolos Kountouris akountouris at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 17 13:07:37 EDT 2002

Hi there,

I am trying to get through the modem installation process and I have
the same problem but for IRQ 11, as described below by Mathias

Mathias Schulze wrote:
>hi!
>
>i get the same error message as soeren vogel with the same modem
>(8086:2486) but in a toshiba 3000-514 and with irq10!
>
> > cat /proc/pci
>Bus  0, device  31, function  6:
>      Modem: PCI device 8086:2486 (Intel Corp.) (rev 1).
>        IRQ 10.
>        I/O at 0x2400 [0x24ff].
>        I/O at 0x2000 [0x207f].
>
> > dmesg
>Trying to free free IRQ10
>hsf_request_port: ComCtrlOpen failed, r=1!
>mathias

I wonder if there has been any progress on the topic.

Does this error mean that somehow the driver init cannot handle
shared interrupts? Could, using "setpci" to change the interrupt
line, fix this?
Finally I wonder if in the case of AMR modems the soundcard can
be dissociated from the modem.

thanx for any answer
Apostolos