[hsflinux] RE: ComCtrlOpen failed, r=1!

Marc Boucher marc at mbsi.ca
Sat Apr 20 23:05:44 EDT 2002

We investigated Mathias' problem and it turned out that his
Toshiba notebook doesn't have a Conexant modem, but a Lucent ltmodem (AMR)
on the Intel AC-Link (8086:2486) interface. Future versions of the
hsfich driver will explicitely emit a detailed error message when encountering
unsupported AC'97 modems.

However, other cases might be different. Please test with the next
(upcoming) release and report the kernel messages (dmesg output) after

Thanks
Marc