[hsflinux] Installation keeps failing

Negron, Erik enegron at eircom.net
Tue Jun 4 01:24:26 EDT 2002

Hi,

Me as a Linux Newbie am trying to get my modem to work, i've tried installing different versions of the rpm's that came out with good hope, unfortunatly it failed all the time, Modem cannont be opent, and there is no ttySHSFO in /dev to point modem to, i tried to use the source to compile it again without avail, this is the message that was logged when doing so;

rm -f *.o
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/lib/hsf/modules/osspec'
rm -f *.o
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/hsf/modules/osspec'
make -C osspec all
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/lib/hsf/modules/osspec'
* Compiling osmemory.c
* Compiling osstring.c
* Compiling osdebug.c
* Compiling osfloat.c
* Compiling osstdio.c
* Compiling osmodule.c
* Compiling osnvm.c
* Compiling ostime.c
* Compiling linuxres.c
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib/hsf/modules/osspec'
* Compiling mod_osspec.c
> Linking kernel module hsfosspec.o

* Compiling mod_basic2.c
> Linking kernel module hsfbasic2.o

* Compiling mod_ich.c
make: *** No rule to make target `../imported/hsfich.O', needed by `hsfich.o'.  Stop.

I've been trying for weeks now to get it to work but it won't , please help a new linux user out to get rid of windows .

Im using Mandrake 8.2 kernel 2.4.18 on a Vaio PCQ-GR114EK
ID = 8086:2486

TIA
Erik