[hsflinux] hsflinmodem: Rockwell Riptide HSF speaker problem?

El Topo ElTopo at myrealbox.com
Wed Jun 26 04:41:14 EDT 2002

Hi all:

I am using HSF 127a:4311 ("Rockwell International Riptide HSF 56k PCI
Modem" from lspci -v). The modem driver works fine except one annoying
problem: it seems I cannot turn off the modem's speaker (or, the modem
still sends the buzz sound to my speakers from the  soundcard combo)
after make a successful connection to my ISP. The modem would continue
buzz. I tried to use modem's command string "ATL0M0" to force to turn off
the modem speaker but it does not work ("AT&V" shows L0 and M0).

Now I have to set mute of my system's sound. I can live with that but I
hope we will see the fix soon.

The version of  hsflinmodem driver I am using is
5.03.03.L3mbsibeta02062500-1.

By the way, the modem works as expect when boot into Win98/Win2K/WinXP.

Thanks.