[hsflinux] Problems on Sony Vaio PCG-FX601

marcogi at libero.it marcogi at libero.it
Sat Aug 3 21:03:28 EDT 2002

On 3 Aug 2002, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> lør, 2002-08-03 kl. 09:42 skrev marcogi at libero.it:
>
> > I use debian unstable with self compiled 2.4.18 kernel.
> > gcc version is: 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease) with which I
> > compiled kernel and hsf modules.
> > ACPI, USB and Audio support are enabled, no patch used.
>
> Myself I have a Compaq AMP, so I can only comment vaguely. However, VAIO
> people who've done the same have reported success.
>
> What does "self compiled" mean in this case? Debian's source, or
> kernel.org source?

kernel.org

> I can only repeat that kernel.org source works for many. Including me.
> Full ACPI patches, including kcpi, must be carried out on 2.4.18 and as

Maybe ACPI is the issue. I haven't applied patches so...
I'll test ASAP.

> far as I'm concerned, 2.4.18 is the last kernel that works. This is all
> handwork, sorry - no alternative :-(

I'm downloading 2.4.19 patch too. Time to test now.

> > hsfbasic2, hsfich and hsfyukon are not auto loaded by modprobe.
>
> > Manualy post loading these modules doesn't helps (I'll try to pre load
> > they next time).
>
> Generally, the hsf utility loads the modules it needs. It certainly
> doesn't need all the modules in the misc directory. Of the modules you
> report that it doesn't load, hsfbasic2 is the only one I have (though I
> have others present).

Preloading hsfbasic2 also doesn't resolve my problem.
hsfich and hsfyukon are not used at all.

> Don't know. I can only report what works for me on my machine and
> kernel. However, perhaps you'd like to look up Eva <eva at megaphone.org>
> on this list, July 20th last.
>
> Very best,
>
> Tony

Thanks very much.

--
Regards,  Marco Gigante
Student at Pisa University - Computer Engineering