[hsflinux] Can't play sound on Linux with my 127A:4311

Aditya Sharma addie_sharma at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 26 23:04:47 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion and it has this Modem/Sound Card. The modem is
127A:4311. Sometime back I put Red Hat 7.3 on it. I have installed the HSF
modem driver and Riptide driver. But the sound is still not working. Is
there anyway I can get it to work or is buying a new sound card the only
option? I have already tried disabling the PnP OS at the bios and that
doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Please help me as this has already made me waste so much of my time.

Thanks
Aditya