[hsflinux] Problem : pppd died unexpectedly

Kevin C.Zee psycho at myvine.com
Sat Dec 28 15:22:55 EST 2002

> The installation itself is successful, but whenever I try
> to dial-up to the internet, I get the dial-up sound followed shortly
> by the message : 'pppd died unexpectedly'.

I doubt this will help, but I will throw it out there anyway, since noone else is.

This happened to me, too. What error code is it returning? When I first set mine up, I was getting the pppd died message,too. After about an hour of pulling my hair out, I realized I had the wrong password in the setup. Check the basics and then check what the program's exit code is. That should tell you at least where to look.

Hope it helps,

Kevin - psycho at myvine.com
AIM - majorpissed  <-- long story :)
Registered Linux User #299137