[hsflinux] Need help with modem

Dolf Van Der Walt dvdwalt at sunint.co.za
Sat Feb 8 01:21:52 EST 2003

Hello, I need help with my modem on debian. I've got a HSF modem with Vendor ID: 14F1 and Device ID: 2F12. When I run hsfconfig I get the following message:

This package does not contain pre-built modules suitable for your system:

Kernel Architecture: i686
Kernel Version: Linux -2.2.20

Please obtain a appropriate variant of this package for your system or try the generic RPM or TAR version.

Now the driver I used was the  hsflinmodem-5.03.27mbsibeta02122600.tar.gz generic driver, so has anyone got any ideas?

Thanking you in advance.
The information contained in this email is confidential and may be subject
to legal privilege. The content of this email, which may include one or more
attachments, is strictly confidential, and is intended solely for the use of the
named recipient/s.

If you are not the intended recipient, you cannot use, copy, distribute, disclose
or retain the email or any part of its contents or take any action in reliance on it.
If you have received this email in error, please email the sender by replying to
this message and to permanently delete it and all attachments from your computer.

All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure that no viruses are present
in this email and the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising
from the use of this email or attachments.