[hsflinux] hsfconfig: compilation problems on recent kernels

Thierry Lathuille thierry.lathuille2 at libertysurf.fr
Tue Mar 18 22:05:22 EST 2003

Hello,

I've experienced problems as I tried to execute hsfconfig with a 2.5.64
kernel. The compilation of the modules is impossible, I get the same errors
as David Weenink with his 2.4.20-2.54 kernel.

This is caused  by changes in the kernel code (these errors are due to changes
of the task_struct structure defined in include/linux/sched.h)

So, parts of the hsf code will have to be changed accordingly some day. Is
anyone already working on this (Marc ?) ?

For information, I had  other problems before this one :

- Some error with __attribute_used__  which I don't remember exactly.

- The include/asm-i386 directory in the kernel source tree now contains
subdirectories for different machine architectures, and we must know from
which one to include some files (irqvectors.h, included from irq.h, was the
problem).

These ones I could workaround  (in a not-very-clean way...) but the rest seems
to be a much bigger job. And these recent kernels are much better suited if
you want to keep your laptop cool...

So, thank you to anyone who will help fixing this soon !

Thierry Lathuille