[hsflinux] Gentoo 2.4.20

Chris Roske roske at gemsi.com
Fri Mar 21 00:33:40 EST 2003

This is my first request for help on a mailling list so I hope I am doing
this right ;

I have a  HCF (controllerless) driver & Gentoo With linux -2.4.20

After I do make install and hcfpciconfig It seems to go alright but if i do
say ls /dev/ttySHCF0 I get no such file, that tells me the install didn't go
right even though I saw no errors. I checked demsg and I
check /var/log/messages without any sign of errors relating to the install or
ppp* for that matter, I've been able to do this errorlessly on Redhat 8.0 but
Gentoo seems to be another Story. Oh and I am using the most lastest
hcfpcimodem-0.99mbsibeta02123100.tar.gz

Any help would be grately appreciated! Thanks