[hsflinux] connect to internet

Mengxiong Gong mgong758 at hotmail.com
Mon May 12 10:58:11 EDT 2003

Hi,
I have dual system in my computer (WIndows 98 and Linux RedHat 7.3, Kernel
2.4.18-3) and modem is Conexant soft 56k PCI modem. My ISP is AOL ( I use
AOL 8.0 now). The connection to internet in my windows system is fine for
everything, but I just could NOT connect to internet in Linux system (gave
me the message: "CHAP authentication failed, connection terminated. Check
your username and password". Actually, my username and password are
absolutely correct)

Is there somebady who has experienced this kind of problem? which version of
AOL or Earthlink works for Linux?, or I may have different probelms other
than incompatibility of AOL software with Linux?

I greatly appreciate for your help.

Michael Gong