[hsflinux] connect to internet

Jean-Simon Durand jsimon at linuxant.com
Tue May 13 05:38:04 EDT 2003

Hi,

most ISP's use PAP and not CHAP. I'm not sure about AOL, but I think there
is a good chance that they use PAP. As Tony suggested, you can try kppp
since it's easier to configure.

If you don't have kppp, then I would suggest reading the PPP howto or a
similar document.

http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/PPP-HOWTO/

To see if your modem works, you should test it with a terminal program like
minicom.

Jean-Simon