[hsflinux] Re. HSF conexant modem (Dipen Javia)

azajac at vif.com azajac at vif.com
Sun Jul 13 08:15:08 EDT 2003

Hello.

You need the kernel headers or the kernel source.

apt-get install kernel-headers-2.4.18-bf2.4
(You are using the bf-2.4 kernel, eh?  Headers are on cd number five, I think.
Or just download it...  You need to match the headers with your kernel - if you
are using bf2.4, don't worry.)

cd to your hsf*** directory.
cd modules
nano common.mak (or use whatever editor you love)
change KERNELSRC:
KERNELSRC= /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.18-bf2.4
save and exit (CTRL-O, enter, CTRL-X)
cd ..
make install
hsfconfig
wait (this takes about five minutes on my machine (733 MHz)  Wait.)
It will ask you for a path to the kernel source, enter
/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.18-bf2.4

go on about your buisiness at 5300 kps...

AZ.