[hsflinux] Problem setting kppp for HSFi modem - pppd error 8

cibiboss at yo.cz cibiboss at yo.cz
Wed Jul 23 00:57:28 EDT 2003

Hi,
  I have problems set up my HSFi modem PCI ID 14F1:2F00, Subsystem ID 2004:14F1. Firt I have problem to dial - everytime I get answer "BUSY" - so i tried copy AT commands from windows log file and I get this:

ATZ0&FV1S0=0&C1&D2+MR=2;+DR=1;+ER=1;W2
OK
ATS7=60L1M1+ES=3,0,2;+DS=3;+IFC=2,2;X3
OK
ATM1L3
OK
ATX3
OK
ATDT,971100811
CONNECT 115200

and kppp return: The pppd daemon died unexpectedly!
                 Exit status: 8

So i don't know if there is problem with modem, with phone line (windows connect corectly) or with pppd daemon. Can you help me or have anyone experienced similar problem? Or did you know what signifies exit status 8?

Thanks for help.

Jan.