[hsflinux] Conexant Softk56 Data, Fax PCI Modem-HSF127a-4311

John Bryant johnb51 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 22 18:56:23 EDT 2003

Hello
I checked the parameters on kppp dialer and "+Fclass" is not in the init
string. I have since tried various strings and atz seems to work. I tried
kppp terminal and was able to get connected. I heard dialing and handshake.
Received request for userid and password. When I filled those in, received
about 15 lines of scrambled letters. When the transmission stopped I hit
enter. After a few seconds it came back with "no carrier". I also tried
connecting through kppp menu. I hit connect and heard dialing process.
Connection was cut before handshake. Connections though win98 have been ok.
I am using laptop on same line now and get connections ok also (no network).
Thanks for your response and help in this matter.
John