[hsflinux] AC97 on Sony Vaio FX401

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

tir, 2002-06-04 kl. 11:56 skrev Ingo Kappler:

> Hi, thats for information and maybe help. Thanks for the hope of a working
> modem.

I can't help you (I'm a Compaq Presario 71xx, gcc3,
kernel.org-do-it-yourself person), I'm afraid, but maybe someone can:

If:

You weren't so shy of giving info :->>>

> Tried precompiled rpm-Package, which did not work.
> So I uninstalled it.

- What processor does your Vaio have?
- Just exactly what Linux distro and kernel are you running?
- What rpm(s) doesn't / didn't work?
- Do you reckon your distro has installed the necessary source code, in
the place that it's supposed to have? (/usr/src/linux?, and therefore a
symlink to wherever it is)
- What makes you think that?

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:	http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:	(+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:		(+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981