[hsflinux] No carrier Problem Intex -Conexant Modem

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

man, 2002-11-04 kl. 09:52 skrev Neil B. Ablang:

> I have downloaded the rpm for Redhat 7.2/kernel 2.4.7-10(the newest on
> the site).   I run into problem of "No Dial Tone" at first but after
> reading the FAQ  I included the "ATX3" command.  I got a new problem
> now.  It is now " No Carrier".  I downloaded the Athlon version of the RPM

The 2.4.7-10 kernel is the standard one delivered with RH 7.2 and is
pretty old. It crashed on my Compaq notebook and forced me to look at
new kernels; that's how I got to kernel.org and started compiling my own
kernels.

The Compag is running well on 2.4.19 with the latest ACPI patch  from
sourceforge and KACPID lost interrupt patch: see the HSF FAQ:

8) I have an ACPI-based machine and the driver is crashing or not

        It might be necessary to recompile a generic kernel from
        ftp.kernel.org with the latest ACPI (and perhaps also
        KACPID kernel lost interrupt) patches from
                http://sf.net/projects/acpi/

Although the HSF driver on your ASUS-based machine isn't crashing, maybe
this is your problem. Compiling your own kernel isn't as daunting as it
might seem - and you can always choose to boot on your old kernel =if=
things go wrong. A number of contributors to this list have found that
this has been their salvation :-)

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Could have been Henrik Ibsen's, Ole Bull's,
Henrik Wergelands's, Camilla Collet's and more's
last words, but weren't: «Fanden helder, helder
det at have sadset, end det at ikke have sadset
i det hele taget.»

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl