[hsflinux] (no subject)

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

tor, 2002-10-31 kl. 14:04 skrev emilio.gonzaga:

> I' ve mounted the floppy as MSDOS, then copied the installation file to my
> home directory (cp *rpm ~), changed directory, installed and verified that
> the file was there.

> The file now indeed comes up as "hsflin1.rpm"
> So far, it seems ok then.

> So I went into GNOME Programs -> System -> Internet Configuration Wizard to
> connect to the internet, but when I press Activate, an error dialogue box
> pops up.

Ermm ... You did install the rpm, didn't you?
Like 'rpm -ivh hsflin1.rpm'? From what you say, you didn't.

> After consulting help, I checked if the modem was indeed detected and
> scanned the ports by typing:

> # wvdialconf create
> and the answer to this command is that no modem was detected!!

Doesn't surprise me. Visit www.mbsi.ca/cnxtlindrv/hsf/install.html to
find out how.

> But I'm quite sure that I've installed the correct driver for my modem.

> I feel I've moved up a rung, but still stuck.

The above might help ;-)

> Any book on Linux RH 7.3 you would recommend?

My magic laptop tells me you probably live in the vicinity of London,
somewhere around Ealing? How about the book that comes with the
commercial Red Hat box? It's definitely your best bet - and you'll find
it in London at any computer store that specializes in Linux.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Could have been Henrik Ibsen's, Ole Bull's,
Henrik Wergelands's, Camilla Collet's and more's
last words, but weren't: «Fanden helder, helder
det at have sadset, end det at ikke have sadset
i det hele taget.»

e-post:		tonni at billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl