Fw: [hsflinux] No Dialtone

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

tor, 2002-11-21 kl. 05:15 skrev Melvyn Perez:

Hello Melvyn,

> If you can, take a look :

> I repet:  he driver is installed and all is ok.  I get connected, all
> ok.  but suddenly I power on my machine and it doesn't work (i get
> that NO DIALTONE)

O.k.

> I use the exact driver for my kernel.

> I've made more than 30 reinstallations of the redhat (reinstalling it,
> and installing the driver solves the problem for some days)

Hmmm ...

> I'm from windows (it works all right from windows)

Noted.

> My modem is a Conexant SoftK56 PCI Modem
> RedHat Linux 7.3
> Kernel 2.4.18-3

This business of standard Red Hat kernels very often gives problems. You
still haven't followed the inhstructions for "if things go wrong." Do
'hsfconfig -d' and send the file to this list.

I'm afraid only Marc can help you, I can only repeat what I've said
before: That compiling your own kernel from source with ACPI support and
then compiling your own driver from the .tar.gz source file would
probably work, but I don't think it's fair to expect you to do that, or
any "new" Windows-to-Linux user, for that matter.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw